Family Day Care
As of February 1, 2009, new Family Day Care Home (FDCH) applicants must obtain 20 hours of pre-service training that has been approved by the Department in order to submit a registration for a FDCH. A pre-registration visit will also be conducted by the CCS division prior to the issuance of a FDCH registration certificate.
For information on the pre-service training requirement for FDCH applicants, applicants should contact the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRRA) that serves their area. Please click on the CCRRA link to locate the agency nearest you. Effective July 1, 2009, new FDCH applicants will have to possess one of the following:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential issue by the Council for Professional Recognition;
- Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC) in Early Childhood Education;
- Technical College Diploma (TCD) in Early Childhood Education;
- Associate Degree in Early Child hood Education (AA, AAS; AAT);
- Paraprofessional Certificate (issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission)
If you are submitting an application for a Family Day Care Home (FDCH), you must attend a Registration Orientation Meeting (ROM) class prior to submitting an application for registration. ROM is required for all FDCH applicants that are not currently registered.