Developmental Milestones and Monitoring
As an early learning professional, you play a critical role in the health and wellbeing of children. You are also very well positioned to
help identify children who might need extra help in their development. Watch Me! Celebrating Milestones and Sharing Concerns
is a FREE online training series that will support you in this role.
After completing this 5-module training series participants will:
- Understand why monitoring children’s development is important.
- Understand their role in developmental monitoring.
- Know how they can easily monitor each child’s developmental milestones.
- Gain strategies for how to talk with families about their child’s development.
- Know what supports are available for children and families in Georgia.
Follow these simple steps to request your FREE Developmental Monitoring Starter Kit (limited quantity):
- Step 1 Go to: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/watchmetraining/index.html and begin by clicking Module 1.
- Step 2 Once you finish the first 4 modules, come back to this webpage and complete 5th module, Acting Early in Georgia. Complete the survey at the end of this module
to request your FREE Developmental Monitoring Starter Kit from DECAL. Quantities are limited and distributed on a first come first serve basis.
Step 3 Click here to get instructions on how to receive approved training credit.
It may take your Starter Kit 4-6 weeks from your request date to arrive.
FREE developmental monitoring materials are available on DECAL’s e-store: http://custompoint.rrd.com/DECAL
and on the CDC website: www.cdc.gov/ActEarly.