Family Child Care Learning Home
As of February 1, 2009, new Family Child Care Learning Home (FCCLH) applicants must obtain 20 hours of pre-service training that has been approved by the
Department in order to submit a registration for a FCCLH. A pre-registration visit will also be conducted by the
division prior to the issuance of a FCCLH registration certificate.
For information on the pre-service training requirement for FCCLH applicants, applicants should contact the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRRA) that
serves their area. Please click on the CCRRA link to locate the agency nearest you. Effective July 1, 2009, new FCCLH applicants will have to possess one of
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential issue by the Council for Professional Recognition;
- Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC) in Early Childhood Education;
- Technical College Diploma (TCD) in Early Childhood Education;
- Associate Degree in Early Child hood Education (AA, AAS; AAT);
- Paraprofessional Certificate (issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission)
If you are submitting an application for a Family Child Care Learning Home (FCCLH), you must attend a FCCLH Licensing Orientation Meeting (FCCLH – LOM) class prior
to submitting an application for licensure. FCCLH – LOM is required for all FCCLH applicants that are not currently licensed.