Board of Early Care and Learning
Supporting and guiding the
mission and vision
of Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
The Agency will hold its next quarterly board meeting on November 10, 2016, starting at 9 a.m. at 2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, SE, East Tower, 8th floor, Oak Room, Atlanta, GA 30334.
A public comment period will be held beginning at 1 p.m. Speakers should sign-in to speak before 1 p.m. If no guest speakers have arrived by 1 p.m., the board will resume its regular meeting.
If no guest speakers arrive by the end of the board's regular business meeting, the board will adjourn. The purpose of the public comment period is to give the public an opportunity to make comments
to the board about early childhood care and education in Georgia or about proposed revisions to the state's licensing rules and regulations. Click here for information about proposed rule changes.
Following are dates for the 2017 quarterly meetings of the Board of Early Care and Learning:
- 1st Quarter: February 16, 2017
- 2nd Quarter: May 11, 2017
- 3rd Quarter: August 17, 2017
- 4th Quarter: November 16, 2017
Agenda, presentations and minutes for board meetings for the current year will be posted below by quarter. Approved minutes from previous board meetings as well as meeting agendas and presentations for board meetings starting in 2014 can be viewed under the Archive tab. Click
for meeting agendas and presentations from board meetings held before 2014.
- (001) First Congressional District - Kay Ford, Midway, GA
- (002) Second Congressional District - Susan Harper, Albany, GA (Secretary)
- (003) Third Congressional District - Kathy Howell, Carollton, GA
- (004) Fourth Congressional District - Phil Davis, Stone Mountain, GA
- (005) Fifth Congressional District - Carlene Talton, Decatur, GA
- (006) Sixth Congressional District - Dawnn Henderson, Marietta, GA
- (007) Seventh Congressional District - Vacant
- (008) Eighth Congressional District - Luann Purcell, Ed.D., Warner Robins, GA (Vice Chair)
- (009) Ninth Congressional District - Sheri P. Hooper, Gainesville, GA
- (010) Tenth Congressional District - Janice Gallimore, Greensboro, GA
- (011) Eleventh Congressional District - Victor Morgan, Cartersville, GA (Chair)
- (012) Twelfth Congressional District - Jerri Kropp, Statesboro, GA
- (013) Thirteenth Congressional District - Vacant
- (014) Fourteenth Congressional District - Tangela Johnson, Cohutta, GA
To contact a board member, call 404-651-7432 or click on the board member's name.